cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

8560 MFP error 09,036.44

I have an 8560 with this error. I have cleared two of the three magenta ink sticks, but I cannot access the third. I'm confident that we used genuine Xerox ink sticks since the two I was able to remove look correct. I tried to reset the ink counters, but I was unable to do so. The instructions that I found in the support documentation online show that I should:

1. Sequentially press and hold the [Up] and [OK] buttons to enter the service menu. -- I did this and entered a menu called "Service Tools".
  2. Sequentially press and hold the [Up] and [Down] buttons. -- I did this and entered a second menu called "Service".
  3. Scroll down to the "Reset Ink Loader" menu item, and then press the [OK] button. There will be no indication that the OK button was pressed; however, the printer performe the necessary action. Continue with the next step. -- The problem starts here.

There is no menu item called "Reset Ink Loader." The closest thing to that is "Reset NVRAM." I did try that to see if it would allow me to then enter the same menu and see that menu item. I was not sure if someone prior to me had hidden a menu item on that screen. The only items on the menu are as follows:

• Fax Enable
  • Test Prints
  • Startup Page
  • Eliminate Light Stripes
  • Fault History
  • Jam History...
  • Diagnostics History
  • Enter Diagnostic Mode
  • Reset NVRAM
  • Power saver timeout...
  • Restart System
  • Head adjust
  • Adjust X-Axis Scale
  • Drift Compensation
  • Head-o-Drum Adjust
  • Service Usage profile
  • Engine copy amount
  • Head SN:
  • Head Cal Date:
  • Head version: 41
  • Engine FW Version:2.0
  • Senter Image
  • FDI Enable

Should I be adding a step in the middle and going into one of the other menus to get to "Reset Ink Count"?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 8560 MFP error 09,036.44

Hello jasotastic.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: Phaser 8560MFP.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos