cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't reset NVRAM or access service diagnostics on old Phaser 7500

Product Name: Xerox Phaser 7500DT
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I have a Xerox Phaser 7500DT which is sick with an "accumulator belt home position took too long" message. There are no menu options when the printer starts up other than identification. The belt has been replaced but this fault can't be cleared and appears every time the printer starts up. I've tried to hold down Back and Help buttons on power on to access the Service Diagnostics menus but it doesn't work and I can't find a way to clear the fault. It could be there is a fault elsewhere I suppose but I'd like to at least clear it first to check. It has pretty old firmware and OS 8.80.

Is there a different way to reset the NVRAM or to access the System Diagnostics on this model? If not is there a way to get later firmware on it so the usual method works? This one has me stuck.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Can't reset NVRAM or access service diagnostics on old Phaser 7500

As admin it should just be Troubleshooting > Service tools > Reset Accumulator Belt life

Having said that see here

Ctrl+F NVRAM in the pdf to do that too

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I might have missed something but I don't see anything here that I haven't already tried? The button combination on power on doesn't seem to do anything on this one. I'm not sure if it was only a feature on newer firmware models? There are no other menu options accessible when it starts up than Printer Indentification and the error message. There is no Troubleshooting menu or a way I can see to instigate it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I should add that I have full admin access to this printer and nothing is restricted that I can see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

There is no such thing as newer firmware models. All 7500's are the same and firmware is free to be updated.

The latest version is here ,Just install it and try again

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Thanks for the response. Good to know old and new should all be the same. I've no idea why it won't go into Service Diagnostics then when holding the buttons at power on. Is there any setting which may prevent it? I've not found anything in CWIS. I see a brief message which says 'Postscript will print menu map' when holding down back and help and powering on before the Xerox logo appears.

I've also tried to upload the new firmware via CWIS, the File Downloader tool and FTP and it won't recieve any file whilst in this error state so I'm pretty stumped as what to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Still unable to get this printer into Service Diagnostics. I have another query though. During power up I'm not hearing the printer go through it's warm up where the motor normally kicks in. I assume it's not turning the IBT belt which is perhaps why the error remains.

1. Is this because I haven't cleared the previous error since changing the belt or should it always be doing it?

2. If it should be doing it, could it be an issue with the belt I've put in to replace the one which fell apart (too much tension or resistance?) or is it likely the motor is at fault which is causing the error in the first place?

0 Kudos