cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swalker

Cleaning/replacing the Transfer belt?

Product Name: WorkCentre 6027
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I am currently getting the Error 092-651, code 2200000. Seems like what I see online says it's due to a toner cartridge malfunction, which has caused toner to be place into parts of the printer that it shouldn't be, including the transfer belt. But I can't find any way to remove the transfer belt, without taking apart the whole printer.

What is the easiest way to clean the transfer belt of toner?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GabiE-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Cleaning/replacing the Transfer belt?

Hi,

First try to update the printer software at 02.00.02.30.3836. This could solve 092-651 issue.

If this will not work you need a tech. 

And no, it is not simple to disassemble the printer, it is so compact, it not have assemblies that can be easily removed (like other machines).

Gabi

Bauch

You have a bad cyan toner cartridge. Actually remove the cyan toner cartridge and chances are that there will be a bunch of toner on the drum. The transfer belt clean as it moves toward the front of the printer as a broom to windshield wipers that remove excess toner before she put another image to be transferred on paper. Since this is only happening in the one color that tells us the belt is fine and the toner cartridge is the question.

swalker

There is definietly a bunch of toner spilled inside the printer. Most of it looked black. The issue with this printer is that I can't easily access the drum or transfer belt to get it all cleaned up. This model doesn't easily come apart like the more expensive models.

0 Kudos