cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: ColorQube 8870 Rejects Ink

Jump to solution

My 8870 is just over 2 years old. I'm getting frequent, but not consistent rejections on only the black ink sticks. The feeder accepts some sticks, but rejects others from the same package. Once a stick is rejected, I can't get it to work at all.

The printer region is correctly set to NA (North America). I order my ink directly from Xerox. The black sticks that don't work have the same EFGH coding as the black sticks that do work. Would a snippet to reset the region possibly help?

Or might I have a hardware issue on just the black ink feeder? Are there tolerances on the ink stick or on the identifying tabs in the feeder that might be off or out of alignment?

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Interestingly, I can put my finger into the empty top end of the ink loader and cover the sensor for the K position in the EFGHK sequence -- the one block that is notched out of the North American ink sticks -- and the gate tab will pop down. So my machine is clearly reading the sticks incorrectly, looking for a full K position, where my properly coded sticks have an empty K position.

Any idea whether this is a hardware issue, like a bad sensor that needs to be replaced, or a software issue that could be fixed by that region reset snippet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

My color inks are all EFGH-coded for North America, and all three colors load just fine.

0 Kudos