cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Colorqube 8570 unable to get out of Power Saver Mode

Product Name: Colorqube 8570
Operating System: macOS 10.13 - High Sierra

My ColorQube 8570 does not 'wake up' from PowerSaver Mode.  I saw a post that mentioned upgrading the Firmware using Centreware.  I attempted that but when I access Centreware via the printer's TCP/IP address the menu options do not show anything about upgrading the Firmware in the Print Tab or any other tab.  I have searched every tab and option and I am unable to find anything about upgrading the Firmware.

One user mentions in his post that upgrading the Firmware did not solve his problem so this may not be this issue either.

Thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Colorqube 8570 unable to get out of Power Saver Mode

Hello Nick,

I found the steps to upgrade your firmware here. If you still need help, I would recommend contacting support at 1-800-821-2797.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks CathyO, unfortunately the link that you gave to me does not seem to work.  I receive a message that the link cannot be found.

thanks again,

Don

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Now the link seems to work.  I followed those directions but my CenterWare software does not display the option to update the Firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

To download a file to the printer using the FTP command:

NOTE: To perform this solution, the printer must be connected to a network that utilizes the TCP/IP protocol. The printer must also contain a valid IP Address. If necessary, contact your System Administrator for additional information.

Not all web browsers can be used to perform this solution. If problems occur when performing this solution, download the file using CWIS. See the To download a file to the printer using CWIS section below.

• From the computer, open an Internet web browser.
  • Type: ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, where the x characters represent the IP Address of the printer, in the Address field.

NOTE: The IP Address of the printer can be found on the Configuration Page. See the Related Content for additional information.

• Press [Enter] on the keyboard. A blank FTP connection window with a [.] icon will be displayed.
  • Drag and drop the file to be sent to the printer into the blank FTP connection window. The file will be sent to the printer.

To download a file to the printer using CWIS:

NOTE: To perform this solution, the printer must be connected to a network that utilizes the TCP/IP protocol. The printer must also contain a valid IP Address. If necessary, contact your System Administrator for additional information.

1. From a computer, open an Internet web browser.
  2. Enter the IP Address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services home page will be displayed.

NOTE: The IP Address of the printer can be found on the Configuration Page.

3. Click on the [Print] button.
  4. Click on the [File Download] link in the list of options on the left side of the window.
  5. Depending on the browser being used, click on the [Browse] or [Choose File] button, and then browse to and select the file to be downloaded to the printer.
  6. Click on the blue, square button to send the file to the printer.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Joe,
Thanks for the help.  I connected via ftp using your directions but when I tried to drag and drop the .ps file it would not transfer.  The file did not 'drag over' to the window represented by the ftp:'printer's IP address'.  Your directions mentioned seeing a (.) in the ftp window which implies to me that you were referring to a Windows based OS.  I am working on a MAC (fyi).  

I still don't understand why my CentreWare interface does not show a File Transfer option on the left side when I click on the PRINT tab.....

thanks again,

don

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I would guess that while it doesn't have File Transfer it just has some other word(s) that you need to click on but haven't.

As for using a Mac, it wouldn't surprise me if Apple doesn't work that way, but it isn't hard to find out how to do so in seconds on the internet

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos