Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philippeannet
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Dead 7830

Product Name: WorkCentre 7830/7835/7845/7855

My 7830 went dead from one day to the next... (not related to an upgrade)

The status led shows '8.' immediately after the box gets power, and when switched on, all lights on the front panel go on, and that's it... totally dead.

On the SBC, CR4 is OK, CR7 is always off, CR9 is always off.

Checked the hdd (with a PC), seems good, good SMART data. SD card looks fine as well...

Could replace the SBC, but I guess that's economical non-sense... and doing it myself, while it looks not complicated (had the SBC off, already), I don't know to what extent the 'transfer' (hdd, sd,...) is easy or feasible without insider knowledge (got the service manual), ex: what about the NVM ?  Can it be setup "from scratch" with a new SBC ?

Any advice, before it goes to the trash ??

(no, this machine has no maintenance contract whatsoever)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gabiene
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Dead 7830

Hi,

These are the steps to repair/diagnose Post Code 8:

If the test halts on POST code 8, check the following:

1. Check that the SD card is present and properly seated

2. Check power to the SBC PWB.

3. If power is present, replace the SBC PWB

so, you must start with new SD card (xerox part no. 237E27070).

Gabi

philippeannet
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

What's special with these SD cards ?? Is there any way to replace it with a blank one ?? I doubt that I'll be able to find anyone selling these here in Belgium (/Europe). Btw the one inside had ref. 237E26272 (it's also written "V04401 (SL)" )

I looked after these references on the Net, with no luck... as stated, I've got no contract whatsoever, so I doubt any official Xerox distributor will accept to order just that one card...

0 Kudos
philippeannet
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

or maybe asked the other way around: what am I gonna loose if I use a blank SD card ? (assuming it's gonna work somehow...)

0 Kudos
philippeannet
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Because I don't know if these are supposed to be readable on a PC, but any card reader on my Mac and Windows PCs report 'no media', so I guess the card is dead (??), so the data is gone anyway... I'm thus wondering what data will be on some 'generic' SD card that Xerox is selling, maybe specific to the model, but certainly without anything specific to my device...?

0 Kudos
gabiene
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

SD card contains information/software for specific model, so it is not "blank". If you will use a blank SD card you have not loosing anything but the machine will not boot anyway. You can have a chance if you know another good machine (7830/35 and not 7845/55 which it have another image/software) to clone the SD card image and to write it on a new SD card.

philippeannet
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Yep… I‘m looking for someone who could provide me with such an image… if I have to order one, it’s gonna take 2-3 weeks, and my kids are in their exam period at the university, with lots of stuff to print… can’t really afford to wait that long…
0 Kudos