Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Error 077-901 paper jam

Position for that plastic guide is below

6027.jpg

sensor must enter into the midle hole of the plastic guide

6027 2.jpg

and the plastic guide must be attached to the machine chassis with it's knobs6027 3.jpg

Good luck!

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Gabi,

I am slow! do yo have a pic where the two knobs actually fit in. I tried, but am weary of breaking them off because they are plastic. I see two holes where it looks like they fit, am I correct? thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

6027.jpg6027 2.jpg

Highlighted

Re: Error 077-900 paper jam

success, thanks it's back together. Still have the error 077-900 paper jam message with no paper in there that I can see. Any ideas? Removed front tray and looked. Looked through back as well and can not see any paper. 

Thoughts on how to get rid of that error message?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

077-900 indicates there is a paper jam in the exit area (fuser- that one with the green levers). In the fuser assembly there is also a sensor and it's actuator, but you cannot access it (it is difficult to disassemble).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

okay, got it apart and there was a piece of paper jammed. Now, is there a trick to getting the back cover on? It doesn't seem to want to go back into place, specifically the top portion. It's only plastic and will break easily. Green levers are through the holes, the top just won't snap in. Tricks to this? Thanks, eric

0 Kudos

Gabi,

Disregard last message, got it back together. Now it won't feed the paper. It starts to and misfeeds it. I have to pull out front tray and remove misfed paper. Any ideas? I've only used this printer less than a dozen times and it's crapping out. Pretty disappointed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, eric

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What's the part number for the plastic guide?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi,

054E55441 is the par no.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

thank you