cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Error 077-901 paper jam

My printer is also just over a year old and I started getting the same error last night and it will not go away. There is NO paper anywhere that is visible. The levers are pushed back down. Apparently I have a giant, useless paperweight now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi,

Remove the back printer cover and eventualy the fuser and check the fuser exit sensor.

Gabi

Highlighted

How does one remove the fuser??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi,

After removing back cover there are 2 scres that fix the fuser on the printer chasis

6027 fuser.jpg

Highlighted

I have removed the four screws that are on the back and the back cover will not come off. It appears to be attached to the sides somehow and I can't get that off without breaking something or completely disassembling the printer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Yes, it is a little complicated because you must unclip the lateral covers with a flat screwdriver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid this printer is shot as far as printing goes. It will still scan in document. Pretty disappointed. Barely even used this thing and it's crapped out. I appreciate all your help. Guess I've learned not to buy xerox printers. I'll bet I've printed less than 200 things on it since I've had it. Thanks again, Eric
0 Kudos

Tried that. They're not coming off. 

0 Kudos