cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdn_Bizman New Member

Factory Reset used Xerox 6400x

I read the administration manual and can't seem to figure out how to erase all settings from the previous owner of the machine.

I would like a fresh start, currently the previous owner has scan folders and email addresses and a million other settings which I don't want to go through one by one etc. I would like to reset everything back to factory fresh. Simliar to a computer reformat. I do not want to retain any settings. I have access to the Admin account.

Anyone know the key combination or shortcut to do this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Factory Reset used Xerox 6400x

Hi cdn_Bizman
Thank you for using the Xerox forum.

There is a firmware download at the following support site along with documentation which should restore the machine to factory new settings, but I would read through the documentation and warnings before performing any action.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6400/support/enus.html

Mitch Swetsky
Xerox Customer Tools & Social Media Moderator
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues.
Your feedback counts!
cdn_Bizman New Member

Thank you, didn't know you could update the firmware with existing version to reset to factory settings.
0 Kudos
cdn_Bizman New Member

I tried this method but it says that the current firmware is the exact same and it won't reinstall. I tried looking for older firmware but none exist. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

What you need is a procedure called "ALTBOOT", but it is something only the Xerox tech does, I don't suppose you have a Xerox Service Contract?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos