cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kobi Member

Fan allways on / Toner / 7225i or 7225

Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hello,

I've bought a WC 7225 (i or not i, I don't know). There ist a lable with 7225i outside but in FW it's only 7225.

If anyone has an idea whats the difference beetween both models, I'm interested!

The second question:

I've a WC with contract in the past. The toners are 006R01453 for example for black which in it. Which toners I've to sold thats working in this machine?

Special thanks and regards!!!

Steffen

Tonerpatronen (bei Vertrag)

Schwarz

22.000 Seiten6 006R01453
Cyan 15.000 Seiten6 006R01456
Magenta 15.000 Seiten6 006R01455
Gelb 15.000 Seiten6 006R01454
Tonerpatronen (Einzelkauf) Schwarz 22.000 Seiten6 006R01457
Cyan 15.000 Seiten6 006R01460
Magenta 15.000 Seiten6 006R01459
Gelb 15.000 Seiten6 006R01458

Othe thing, the Fan is running in Sleep also. If I disconnect LAN fan isnt running in sleep. Any idea what's the problem?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Fan allways on / Toner / 7225i or 7225

There is no difference between the 7225 and 7225i, there never was with exception to the label on it.

The i-series as it were, was just a Connectkey device that was "purchased" with an 072 release firmware (Connectkey 1.5)

So if when you bought it new, it had 071 firmware (Connectkey 1) it was a 7225

If you bought it about a year or so later, it came with 072 firmware (Connectkey 1.5), it was a 7225i

But before the launch of the i-series, we (Xerox) had already been distributing the 072 firmware for a month or more as spar software. There is no hardware change at all, just the label. (Think of it as a refresh)

073 firmware (Current, Connectkey 2.0) didn't change the model designation at all, it introduced the App Gallery.

Toner depends on contract. (Metered vs Sold)

SUPPLIES REORDER:
TONER CARTRIDGES (METERED)
 6R01453 BLACK TONER CARTRIDGE
 6R01456 CYAN TONER CARTRIDGE
 6R01455 MAGENTA TONER CARTRIDGE
 6R01454 YELLOW TONER CARTRIDGE
TONER CARTRIDGES (SOLD)
 6R01457 BLACK TONER CARTRIDGE
 6R01460 CYAN TONER CARTRIDGE
 6R01459 MAGENTA TONER CARTRIDGE
 6R01458 YELLOW TONER CARTRIDGE

The fan thing is weird, but not unheard of.

Fan

It can also of course be a bad fan, air duct clogged with dust, too close to a wall, and oddly enough, even a driver query for SNMP can do it when constant enough.

Wireshark trace can help you figure out what device on the LAN is causing it simply by finding out which devices are talking to it, then unplugging each to find out which makes the fan stop/start.

The trace ability is built into any current firmware via CWIS > Properties > Security > Logs  > Network Troubleshooting

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
Kobi Member

Hello,

thanks for your fast answer!

Toner:

I've in my machine the Black toner with number: 6R01453

Now I've bought toner at ebay. Also with that number. Is that ebay toner with the same number working in my machine?

And next question ist the Black toner with number 6R01457 working in my machine?

To the fan:

The fan is running only if I starting any PC in my home network.

At work we have a WC 7125. Without any problem. I hope I'll find the problem.

Special thanks for further infos/ideas!

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Toner:

I've in my machine the Black toner with number: 6R01453

Now I've bought toner at ebay. Also with that number. Is that ebay toner with the same number working in my machine? Yes

And next question ist the Black toner with number 6R01457 working in my machine? No

To the fan:

The fan is running only if I starting any PC in my home network. Then I simply can't help, try disabling SNMP completely on the webui of the copier, then decide if not having SNMP is worth the fan not running

At work we have a WC 7125. Without any problem. I hope I'll find the problem.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
Kobi Member

Hello,

special thanks again, great work and thanks for your patient.

The toner (6R01457) isn't working in that machine. Is there any way to get this toner working in that machine?

I've bought a set contract toner, so I have no problem, but I'm interested.

To the fan,

I've switched off all network protokolls, SNMP also, same problem. The fan is runing and running. I had not found a fan in 7125....I've checked this today. But this 7225 is realy irritating.

There is no dirt or other things. I'would like to switch of erverything in the Web-Gui but I've no idea, who I can find things to switch of. Is there something like Wireshark on CWIS?

A other thing, the machines are declared with 5 W standby consumption. I've 25-30 W in Standby. Any idea?

The 7125 at work has 50 W standby consumtion (=deep sleep).

Special thanks for your help!!!!!

Regards!

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

The toner (6R01457) isn't working in that machine. Is there any way to get this toner working in that machine?

Not without paying a tech to reprogram it, Metered (Contracted to Xerox) vs Sold (No contract with Xerox) don't mix

I've bought a set contract toner, so I have no problem, but I'm interested.

To the fan,

I've switched off all network protokolls, SNMP also, same problem. The fan is runing and running. I had not found a fan in 7125....I've checked this today. But this 7225 is realy irritating.

There is no dirt or other things. I'would like to switch of erverything in the Web-Gui but I've no idea, who I can find things to switch of. Is there something like Wireshark on CWIS? If the firmware is current, Wireshark trace is there under CWIS > Properties > Security > Logs > Network troubleshooting, and dust can't be the issue since unplugging the LAN cable stops it

A other thing, the machines are declared with 5 W standby consumption. I've 25-30 W in Standby. Any idea?

Nope, no idea, I'd assume it is in sleep mode, not low power mode though.

The 7125 at work has 50 W standby consumtion (=deep sleep). Totally different machine made by a different company (FujiXerox), it can't be used in comparison

Joe
Kobi Member

Hello,

I've asked a other owner of a WC 7225 machine, he has the same problem with the fan.

Seems like a bad implementation in FW of the 7225.

I've found out, that the fan is running without a running pc also...suddenly for minutes.

0 Kudos
gabiene Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi,

It is a known behavior of 7225 machine. Try to disable the Remote Services or ports that are not in use.

Gabi

Kobi Member

Thanks a lot. I've bought other fan's with lower noise. But I think, that's a bad implementation also.

Best thanks!

Now I've think about to disconnect this fan at the mainboard......

0 Kudos
gabiene Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Do not disconnect the CPU fan. You will have a broken board (dead machine). It will be safely to disconnect the network cable than the fan.