cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kobi

Re: Fan allways on / Toner / 7225i or 7225

Thank you.

I've bought a new fan with lower speed -> 6000 rpm. The original has 7000 I think. I've messured the temp from the heatsink (without any fan for the boot-time) and there was after boot 48 degrees (118 F). Thats not so much. But I've desided to bring him back to the board.

Btw...I've switched off a lot of network services but fan always runing.

We don't use the printer very often so I thinking about switch off after using. Is that a a problem for the printer or toner consumption?

The energy consumption is 25 - 30 W in real life. I can't understand why xerox is speaking from 4,79 W in Standby (datasheet). Seems linke a value linke in the Diesel-scandal. 

0 Kudos
gabiene
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I thinking about switch off after using. Is that a a problem for the printer or toner consumption?

Yes, it is about toner consumptions and other consumables (drums, waste cartridge, fuser), because at every power on, the machine check and adjust toner density and color registration by developing CMYK patches and chevrons on the IBT belt.

Kobi

Thanks for your fast and constructive reply.

Is there any way to contact Xerox to get support with this running fan?

What's with newer printers, they have a fan also which is running the whole time. I've found this problem only at 72xx machines.

0 Kudos
DavidX28897-xrx
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

There are many fans in that machine. Are you sure it's the cpu fan you are hearing? It should not be audible. There was a retrofit for this fan a long time ago. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share part numbers

0 Kudos