cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Forcing drum replacement

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Hello there !

I got a warning message many weeks ago saying that drum cartridge (R2) will have to be replaced soon, but for some reason it doesn't seem to catch the actual end of it. 

Right now the supply page says every drums are at 0% (R2, R3 & R4), and I'm having several blue lines appearing on every page I print. But the warning message is still "order but wait for the printer to say when to replace".

My question is : Can I replace them even if I wasn't invited to ?

And I apologise about my english, it's a bit hard to translate technical parts accurately, and the actual message sent by the printer might be slightly different since it's in french.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Forcing drum replacement

Hi,

I supposed you have a WC7220/7225. This machine is known (software failure) to show all the consumables on 0% or 100% if one of them are approached to 0%. So you need to replace the R2 drum cartridge especially that you said you have blue lines and that meand the cartridge is used.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Forcing drum replacement

Yes this is indeed about a WorkCentre 7220, I filled the info on the thread thumbnail but it seems to not appears for some reason.

I tried replacing the R2 cartridge, it fixed the blue lines problem and the error message has been replaced by the same one with R3. I'll wait until I get issues on other color or if the printer ask me to replace them.

Thanks for your help ! Much appreciated, cheers.

0 Kudos