Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 Replies
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to staple in middle of an A4 page

Hello deas321,

I believe you need a booklet maker to be able to staple the middle of the page. Here are the finisher specs for your device. If you do have a booklet maker finisher and it is not working, I would check in the driver properties to make sure the proper finisher is selected. If you need more help, please call 1-800-821-2797 (USA)

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
deas231

Re: How to staple in middle of an A4 page

limited stapling options.png

The option I would like to choose is called "Staple book binding". However, it won't let me select it. My question is, is it a limitation of the finisher (stapler) or is there something else I need to do before this option becomes available?

The staple book binding option doesn't come "alive" when we select A5, A4, A3. (We currently only have plain A3 and plain A4 selected in the printer). 

0 Kudos
deas231

How to staple in middle of an A4 page

Product Name: AltaLink C8130 / C8135 / C8145 / C8155 / C8170 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi there,

we have a C8145 and a (business?) finisher, which staples only (it hasn't got the folding option).

My question is, how is it possible to have two staples in the middle of an A4 page. What settings do I need to select when printing?

What we're trying to achieve is to have an A5 booklet, with two staples in the fold. We can fold the A4 pages ourselves, so that the booklet is then A5. 

Thanks very much, Andre

0 Kudos