cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Lost access to Settings / Printer's IP - Prints OK / Admin Settings access lost - Please help

Dear fellow forum members,

I used to connect to my printer's settings through the browser without any problems. I even still have the address saved in my browser history, with the IP, etc.:

https://192.168.0.222/dummypost/xerox.set

https://192.168.0.222/properties/gettingStarted.php

According to printer's configuration report and my computer (printer preferences), the IP is still the same as it was when I was ABLE to connect (192.168.0.222), however I can no longer connect, nor access administrative/configuration controls through the browser.

My printer is connected directly to computer through an ethernet port, the port is configured maually for IP of printer, subnet and gateway - so it prints just fine, all features of the drivers work perfectly.

I remember having to reset the admin access by using a secret combination of buttons on the printer panel itself, it was to hold the Start button and involved entering a four digit code on the number panel.

We recently had firmware updated to the printer - could this firmware update have reset my access to configuration from the browser? Should I go through the secret four digit combination reset procedure again on the printer itself, or could there be another factor preventing me from accessing detailed printer configurations from the browser?

Thank you very very much,

Kind Regards,

Aleksey

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Lost access to Settings / Printer's IP - Prints OK / Admin Settings access lost - Please help

PS. I Have Workcentre 7665

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lost access to Settings / Printer's IP - Prints OK / Admin Settings access lost - Please help

Hi lyoooha,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solutions for the Centreware Internet Services not displaying and see if any of these will help clear the problem you are seeing.  If not please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have the same problem but it occurs during a xrxdiscovery on multiply printers. please support the users of CWW, opening a ticket with the support staff of CWW has been without solutions I have figured the problems out on my own after waiting for days or weeks for an answer. just tell me in short what this means and I asume the C: and D: drives are thoe on the printer? simple yes or no on that please!!

At Device Address:10.42.11.189:80 /isgw/dummypost/xerox.set

at Xerox.CWW.Discovery.ConfigSet.ScanServiceTemplates.CommunityStringsDev.SerializeAlchemy(HTTPComm poster) in c:\Builds\1319\XGS-SDI\XDMCWW_6_0_Gated\Sources\Common\Discovery\Source\XrxDiscovery\src\ConfigSet\ScanServiceTemplate\ScanSrvTemplateManagement\ScanSrvTempltMgmtHTTP\CommunityStringsDev.cs:line 240

at Xerox.CWW.Discovery.ConfigSet.ScanServiceTemplates.CommunityStringsDev.Serialize(HTTPComm poster) in c:\Builds\1319\XGS-SDI\XDMCWW_6_0_Gated\Sources\Common\Discovery\Source\XrxDiscovery\src\ConfigSet\ScanServiceTemplate\ScanSrvTemplateManagement\ScanSrvTempltMgmtHTTP\CommunityStringsDev.cs:line 312

at Xerox.CWW.Discovery.ConfigSet.Security.SecurityConfigSet.UpdateDevice(CommunityStringsEntity commStrObj) in c:\Builds\1319\XGS-SDI\XDMCWW_6_0_Gated\Sources\Common\Discovery\Source\XrxDiscovery\src\ConfigSet\Security\SecurityConfigSet.cs:line 987

at Xerox.CWW.Discovery.ConfigSet.Security.SecurityConfigSet.setConfiguration(CommunityStringsEntity commStrObj) in c:\Builds\1319\XGS-SDI\XDMCWW_6_0_Gated\Sources\Common\Discovery\Source\XrxDiscovery\src\ConfigSet\Security\SecurityConfigSet.cs:line 1027

at Xerox.CWW.Discovery.ConfigSet.CommunityStringService.Apply() in c:\Builds\1319\XGS-SDI\XDMCWW_6_0_Gated\Sources\Common\Discovery\Source\XrxDiscovery\src\ConfigSet\Security\Services\CommunityStringService.cs:line 117

at Xerox.CWW.CWWLib.ConfigurationSet.Security.SecurityManager.SNMPUpdateDevice(SNMPConfig snmp, SecurityService& securityService, Boolean bConfigset, Boolean bCompCheck) in c:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Version\XDMCWW\6.0\Common\CWWLib\Mainline\Source\ConfigurationSet\Security\SecurityManager.cs:line 713

at Xerox.CWW.CWWLib.ConfigurationSet.ConfigSetManager.ApplyConfigSetTask(Int32 printerID, ConfigSetTask task, Guid runId, CommunicationSystem comm) in c:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Version\XDMCWW\6.0\Common\CWWLib\Mainline\Source\ConfigurationSet\ConfigSetManager.cs:line 666

at Xerox.CWW.CWWLib.SchedConfigSet.ApplyConfigSet(Int32 taskId, CommunicationSystem comm) in c:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Version\XDMCWW\6.0\Common\CWWLib\Mainline\Source\SchedConfigSet.cs:line 437

at Xerox.CWW.CWWLib.SchedConfigSet.ConfigSet_WakeUpEvent(String strParam, Int32& devicesAttempted, Int32& devicesAnswered, Boolean& success) in c:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Version\XDMCWW\6.0\Common\CWWLib\Mainline\Source\SchedConfigSet.cs:line 224

at Xerox.CWW.CWWLib.SchedulerEvent.wakeUp(String strParam, String eventName) in c:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Version\XDMCWW\6.0\Common\CWWLib\Mainline\Source\SchedulerEvent.cs:line 485

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Xerox.Scheduler.ThreadPool.RunEventInProc(ScheduledEvent workItem, AutoResetEvent workerTermEvent) in d:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Mainline\Common\XrxSchedServ\Source\XrxScheduler\ThreadPool.cs:line 719

at Xerox.Scheduler.ThreadPool.RunEvent(ScheduledEvent workItem, AutoResetEvent workerTermEvent) in d:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Mainline\Common\XrxSchedServ\Source\XrxScheduler\ThreadPool.cs:line 644

at Xerox.Scheduler.ThreadPool.WorkerThreadEntryPoint() in d:\XGS-SDI\XOS\Device Management\Mainline\Common\XrxSchedServ\Source\XrxScheduler\ThreadPool.cs:line 922

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

CurrentThread.Name=Worker Thread 24 Pool 3

CurrentThread ID=4952

0 Kudos