cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Machine not recognizing new toner cartridge - Phaser 6510

Jump to solution

I just bought a toner from the Xerox site, followed the directions and it is still not recogonzing the toner.  This machine is not even six months old.  I'm super annoyed, and the website is the most unhelpful site I have ever been on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Machine not recognizing new toner cartridge - Phaser 6510

Jump to solution

Printers are set to take certain toners. So they probably sold you the incorrect ones. If you bought the machine outright you should have a toner that is in italics (Sold) and if you have a supply agreement with Xerox yours should be the bold

106R03473 = STANDARD CAPACITY CYAN TONER CART
106R03474 = STANDARD CAPACITY MAGENTA TONER CART
106R03475 = STANDARD CAPACITY YELLOW TONER CART
106R03476 = STANDARD CAPACITY BLACK TONER CART
106R03477 = HIGH CAPACITY CYAN TONER CART
106R03478 = HIGH CAPACITY MAGENTA TONER CART
106R03479 = HIGH CAPACITY YELLOW TONER CART
106R03480 = HIGH CAPACITY BLACK TONER CART
106R03489 = METERED CYAN TONER CART
106R03490 = METERED MAGENTA TONER CART
106R03491 = METERED YELLOW TONER CART
106R03492 = METERED BLACK TONER CART

************************************************Cut and paste from another thread:******************************

Xerox sells a blank device with a cartridge that has no coding to anything (Region or type)

Owner puts in the first cartridge and it locks the device to whatever it was (Metered vs sold, and possibly a region)

Metered = Xerox supplied and on contract (pay per click)

Sold = Bought at retail and no contract (pay for the toner itself)

Regions are where they are North America, DMO, Asia Pacific

Once you lock a device to a region and type, it stays there, until you pay a tech to undo it (differs by device, can be a code, or a chip based solution)

There is no big conspiracy, the only reason there are regions is because of countries/areas that have things like the VAT that make things cost more than they do in areas near them, it puts an end to cross border shopping as it were.(There was a time not too far back where it was cheaper for an Australian to fly to the USA, buy Adobe creative suite, then fly home, for cheaper than buying Creative suite in Australia)

Sold vs metered is just so that Xerox knows if you used a 3rd party toner (Good luck returning a printer for color inconsistency if that is the case) and so that you can't steal from the office and use the toner in your home printer, and I'm sure the marketing types have some fabulous reasons too.

It is not just Xerox, that doesn't make it better of course, but it isn't just Xerox

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Re: Machine not recognizing new toner cartridge - Phaser 6500

Jump to solution

i cant psh it, turn it or latch it any further but still the same message of not recognising.  Seeing all the posts on the same issue i wonder if i should buy another printer nor Xerox of course??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have same sentiments as hmar. Within 15 months of buying my 6510 did not read the chip on the replacement cartridge. I have another 6510 which read the Sam e chip correctly. So it's the fault of the printer. Any amount of shaking and shoving the cartridge hard into the slot would help. I am disappointed with 6510. I was using  6250 for over 10 years happily. I am totally gone off Xerox

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
XEROX has HORRIBLE SUPPORT...printer worked great for 2 years until I tried to replaced the black drum cartridge with a ORIGINAL from XEROX PARTS. After hours on web and with xerox support (there is none) still have error msg saying to replace the cartridge. I never buy another xerox again!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

if you do not have warranty or service contract it is bad news.  repair charge would be way higher than the cost of a new printer. i decided to scrap the printer about 2 years after buying for the same reason and another one of same model for a different reason. i have decided to stay away from Xerox Printers.

0 Kudos