cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toowhite New Member

Mob Unit Workcentre 7556

Jump to solution

Looking to update the MOB unit.  Sample prints show colors do not line up properly.

Is this something I can get and install myself?

Need part number if yes.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Mob Unit Workcentre 7556

Jump to solution

Hi toowhite,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. THe only information I could find is Xerox® WorkCentre™ 7525 7530 7535 7545 7556 MOB ADC Assembly Part # 130K71470, but this part is not considered customer installable.  Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

toowhite New Member

Jump to solution

CherylO-Xerox,

Not sure how to give you maximum credit for your research.

Thank you so much, this really helps me a lot, very valuable information.

Tom White

0 Kudos
fiery Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Jump to solution

The MOB sensor does not usually go bad. Color misregistration can be caused by a bad drum, developer housing, transfer belt or the MOB sensor which reads the patches on the transfer belt. I would try cleaning the MOB sensor first.

toowhite New Member

Jump to solution

I had Xerox technician trained by Xerox company service the machine and the MOB unit needed replaced.  

This is where I got my information.

How would I clean the MOB sensor?  I am thinking the Xerox tech. already addressed that and summated the diagnosis.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

toowhite New Member

Jump to solution

Thank you for your input.  I had technician install MOB unit.  He made some adjustments and asked me if it looked okay.  But, in fact, nothing has changed once I started production.

I remembered your input and now am reviewing.  I think all four of my drums are relatively new, not sure how to check to see if one is bad.

The transfer belt is on its last bit of life and also the second bias transfer roller.

Please advise.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fiery Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Jump to solution

It would help if you knew which color was out of reg then you can focus on it. The tech can run internal test patterns to see. Replace the ibt assembly  or swap drums around to see if the misregistered color changes.

0 Kudos