cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozoneboy New Member

Paper jams in fuser DC1256

I've got a DocuColor 1256GA that suddenly has constant paper jams in the fuser.

The front right corner of the sheet of paper (looking at it as it comes out) doesn't seem to be coming out straight and wraps around the roller resulting in the jam with accordian style folds. I've tried cleaning the rollers but it made no difference. It happens with all A4 LEF or A3, A4 SEF goes through okay.

The cleaning web has just been replaced which seems to coincide with the jams - could this be the cause?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ozoneboy New Member

Re: Paper jams in fuser DC1256

Looking into this further I think the paper might be getting caught on the end Pressure Roller Stripper Finger, which looks like it's hanging down just a fraction lower than the other fingers, perhaps it needs a new spring or does the whole exit chute need replacing? Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi ozoneboy,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please consider contacting your technician or your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
ozoneboy New Member

Yeah I'm trying to avoid that as Xerox New Zealand no longer offer service contracts on this machine due to its age so I have to pay for a technician to travel a substantial distance from the city, the labour costs involved and the really expensive costs for parts (if required). I'm a graphic/web designer working from a home office and don't have that kind of money presently.

I'm pretty competent at technical stuff - was just hoping someone might be familiar with this issue and could offer some advice so I could attempt to fix it myself.

0 Kudos