cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Paper tray clunking

I've got a DocuColor 1256GA that has started making a random (and annoying) clunking sound when idle. Sounds like a paper tray pickup mechanism trying to register/align itself or something.

The printer is no longer under contract (due to it's age) so would cost a lot to get Xerox to send out a service technician. Can someone suggest how/where I should start troubleshooting this myself?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Paper tray clunking

Hey you!

Have a look at this : HERE.

Also try reseating all the consumables.

And see if that helps.

Can you hear as to where the noise is coming from?

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your suggestions Kimzi.

The sound was definitely coming from the paper tray area although difficult to pinpoint exactly where. I just tried removing the trays completely to have a look around at sensors etc but didn't see anything obviously wrong, so cleaned the back of the trays up (there was a bit of dust and spots of toner) and put them back in. Since then it appears to have improved the problem! I'll give it some more time before I consider it solved but it looks promising - assume it was some sort of alignment issue with the paper size sensors. These machines are quite sensitive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again, Ozoneboy.

Hopefully it was just that easy :)

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos