Phaser 6510 Stuck on "Please wait..." after using the bridge firmware
I have applied the "important firmware update" for my phaser 6510. Following the instructions, I installed the "Bridge Firmware". This uploaded correctly. But now when I turn it on it displays "Please Wait...". And that's it, nothing else shows up. It just sits there telling me to wait. So I can't go forward with the new firmware, as I can't ping it or open it's web page or get to it with the Xorex tools.
I can get to the "BOOT MODE - DOWNLOAD MODE" screen, but what to do next?
The "XeroxSmartStart_188.8.131.52.exe" finds the printer, but is this really finding the printer?
I was following these instructions....
I left the printer unplugged over night and this morning there is still no way forward. Can anybody give me some hope, to get it working again, please.
Thanks very much.
Just incase you still need this or someone else runs into this issue and finds their way here.
If you run in to the 'Please Wait' (until you are grey) scenario here is what I did to fix it (on a Phaser 6510).
- Power off the printer and wait a few seconds
- Power it back on but hold OK and the Red Button (Error Button?)
- Hold the buttons until you are in the Boot Mode --> Download Mode (says that on the LCD)
- At this point you can use the firmware download tool again and redo the Firmware upload (beats me why it is called a download tool but ok). Using a USB cable for this might be best (I did, not sure if networking works in this recovery mode).
- Go through the usual steps and at the end when you 'Finish' and click 'Yes' to confirm LET THE PRINTER WORK.
- You do not need to do anything, the printer will finish the upgrade (the file you just uploaded from the PC into the printer RAM will get written to the printer ROM's).
- This will cause the printer to power off and restart a number of times, let it do it's thing.
- At the last when all is done the printer will reboot and print a Software Upgrade Report.
- Your printer is now ready again.