cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blauwaldt

Powering on remotely

Product Name: WorkCentre 6515
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

We are looking for a multifunction color laser that can be remotely set to the ready state without manual intervention directly on the device.

Specifically, we have Xerox WorkCentre 6515V/DN or Xerox C315 in your closer selection. We have a few questions about this, which the manual unfortunately does not answer:

1.) Can the printer be activated from sleep mode only by a USB connected PC or also by a print job via LAN?

2.) Can the printer be activated from the "off" state only manually on the device, not "remotely" through a PC (USB or LAN)?

3) We intend to connect the printer to a remote power outlet. Is there a problem if we turn off the power without "shutting down" the printer?

4) Is the printer ready for operation after initialization time when the power outlet is switched on or is manual intervention on the device (e.g. additional switching on) necessary for this purpose?

We would be pleased if you could answer these questions for the models listed above.
If this does not work with the models listed above, are there any models of yours where this would work?

Thank You,

Marc

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Powering on remotely

Hello blauwaldt, 

These questions would best be answer by our sales team please consider calling 1-800-ASK-XEROX. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
blauwaldt

Hello TammyL-Xerox,

thank You for Your suggestion, but I'm from Germany and I don't feel myself able to discuss this issue live with a support hotline in english.

I also put this question to the German XEROX Support line and the nearest official XEROX dealer.

The German support hotline never answered.

The dealer  told me that he is not able to answer the questions currently.

Maybe You could answer my questions with some key notes?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello blauwaldt, 

Unfortunately these are questions that I am unable to assist you with. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Good afternoon blauwaldt,

If the machines are in sleep mode they will wake on job activation - so USB or Network - it will automatically wake from sleep.

If the machine is physically off, you will not be able to power it on remotely.

The machine on a remote outlet will not be able to be powered on without user intervention. You must press the power button.

Hope those answer your questions, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!