cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsmsolutions New Member

Reboots an additional time after firmware is upgraded

Product Name: WorkCentre 6515
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

So, I had a perfect working 6515 when purchased in 2017, but for some reason updated the firmware which caused the scanner to stop being advertised to any PC after a print job had been sent.  This required another firmware upgrade to try and resolve and then another which reduced the occurance of this issue.  (support were very little help - in the end stating it a known problem = they had no idea, and lost interest) 

Problem is every time I turn on / restart the printer it seems to reboot an extra time for each time I have upgraded the firmware, as if it loads them serially reather than just loading the lastest version.  I would have assumed the old version would be overwritten like anyother controller with replaceable firmware?

For example I just installed the lasted version, which is the 4th FW upgrade and the printer goes through the loading process including the musical chime it makes 4 times until it is ready for me to try and print. very weird!

Does anyone else have this issue with the 6515?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Reboots an additional time after firmware is upgraded

Hi itsmsolutions,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please make sure you have the latest firmware and are following the directions for installing the firmware.  If the problem contiunes please consider contacting your support centre again for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos