Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelvin

Screen Malfunction

Product Name: WorkCentre 5865/5875/5890
Operating System: Not Specified

Printer TouchscreenPrinter Touchscreen

Hi I was wondering if some could please help me. My workplace has a Xerox Printer model WorkCentre 5890 but daily the touch screen works for a while then it becomes unusable when lines and different colours jump around the screen. When this happens you can no longer make out what you are pressing. Sometimes a reboot works/powering off and remove power cable/wait a few minutes and other times this does not cure the problem and we just have to wait for it to fix itself.

Does anyone have any ideas about the cause? We have had a few engineers who have stripped it down but they cannot find anything wrong. Chances are it won't be misbehaving when they arrive to check it.

Thanks
Kelvin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Screen Malfunction

Hi Kelvin, 

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this article about recalibrating the touch screen. Also take a look at the article for User Interface does not respond for additional things to try to clear up your screen issue.  If none of this helps please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!