cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonitechsup Member

Upgrading of Firmware for WC 7225 issue

Hi guys, 

Need help for WC 7225, we replaced the HDD and loaded the 16GB flash disk with firmware, but after inserting the flash disk to the machine, it keep on powering on and off.

This is the link of the firmware, 

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7220-7225/file-download/enus.html?operatingSystem=wi...

This is the process that we followed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gP3u24-A4&t=83s

This was the  result,7225 on and off 2.jpg7225 on and off 2.jpg

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Upgrading of Firmware for WC 7225 issue

It either doesn't like the USB stick, or the Front side USB is disabled. So try one on the back left side, or try another flash drive

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
fiery Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Try an 8gb. Format it first. If the usb ports are disabled then you need a xerox tech to do a pws altboot or you need to replace the sd card.

0 Kudos
jonitechsup Member

which sd card?

0 Kudos
gabiene Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

The SD card is located on the back side of the SBC board (that with network port) in the right upper corner. But the SD is Xerox part number and it contains some data. Try to make the folder AltBoot with A and B upper case, and use an USB tumb drive with a led to see if it is an activity on it.

0 Kudos
Philiph Member

Dear, I have the same problem with my 7225. I've "erase all client data" after first reboot the printer can't start. The green screen is on "system is shutdown" but the printer don't start. I've tried to download a new firmware, the usb flash two times (in front and side stick) but don't load the firmware. could you help me?

0 Kudos
gabiene Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Have you tried the procedure below?

To prepare the USB thumb drive for an AltBoot restore, create an AltBoot folder, in the root directory. The folder name must be all uppercase. Next, using Notepad or similar utility, create a zero-length file in the ALTBOOT folder called FORCED_UPGRADE with no extension. Again, this file must reside in the ALTBOOT folder and be named exactly as shown. Finally, copy the latest firmware file (*.dlm) to the ALTBOOT folder.

1. Turn the printer Off.

2. Insert the prepared USB thumb drive in the USB Port on the printer’s rear panel.

3. Turn the printer On. The printer reads the USB port and begins the restore process.

1. The splash screen displays the ENERGY STAR logo while the printer reads the thumb drive.

2. The restore process begins with Check Firmware Version being displayed.

3. Next, the Software Upgrade screen is displayed. Depending on the system configuration (Trays, Finisher) the process can require approximately 20 minutes. The Software Upgrade screen changes to reflect the current subsystem being restored.

4. After the firmware update process is complete, the AltBoot Complete screen is displayed instructing you to remove the USB thumb drive.

4. Remove the USB thumb drive from the printer’s USB Port.

5. Wait for the printer to reboot and return to Ready To Print.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Philiph Member

Hello, I've the same problem. Could you help me?

I've follow all the instruction but the printer always reboot. So i've prepared a the pen drive flash two times and after the 7225 reboot infinetly.

0 Kudos
Philiph Member

Nothing, the printer reboot infininetly. The firmware installed was the lastest version 073.... 

0 Kudos
Philiph Member

Hello, i've the same problem, do you found a solution?

0 Kudos