cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadcorp

VersaLink C500 software update

Product Name: Other - specify product in post
Operating System: macOS 10.14 - Mojave

Trying to see about updating software & firmware on the VersaLink C500.

Using the OS 14.10.6 platform.

I can access the VersaLink Printer via System Preferences to see that the Current Version: 61.5.1 and was Installed On: 08/31/2017 - 07:51 AM

Basically the same as when I bought it.

Automatic updates go nohwere. When I try to update, the printer activates but I get the "Could not connect. Try again later" alert.

Can anyone direct me to a step-by-step solution here? 

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: VersaLink C500 software update

Hello wadcorp,

I searched the online knowledgebase and found the steps to upgrade your firmware.

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
wadcorp

Cathy,

Appreciate the reply. I've followed through the steps outlined in the link you provided, but I'm still not connecting to where I can upgrade software & firmware.

Either from logging into the webpage of the printer, or actually going in as Administrator to do the upgrade, I always get a "cannot connect right now" alert.

The direct download also seems to be a non-starter. I've called my local Xerox rep (where I bought the printer), but have yet to hear back. 

The steps in the link you provided seem clear, but there isn't anything about what to do if you get the "cannot connect right now" alert.

thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
George850650-XRXN
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Phil,

This link will take you to Xerox.com where you can download a utility to assist with SW upgrades.

https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/product/versalink-c500/downloads?platform=win10x64&language=en

VersaLink Firmware Utility.jpgIf you are still having issues with connecting double check your DNS settings.

I hope this helps.

George

Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!