Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCenter 6515 never wakes up after sleep mode - Wifi only

Jump to solution
Product Name: WorkCentre 6515
Operating System: Not Applicable

Hi,

My printer is brand new, I've done a setup to enable Wifi only, tried the connectivity by scanning a document and send it by mail, everything went fine. The firmware is up to date.

As expected, when I don't use it, it turns into sleep mode. The problem is I have no way to wake it up :

• The power button slowly glows
  • The power button doesn't wake it up
  • The "home" button doesn't wake it up
  • Printing something from a windows or ubuntu or mac (AirPrint) computer or iPhone does not work

The only way to use it again it to unplug the power (reboot the hard way....) and I know for sure it's not the best way. Altough I didn't bought a printer to partially do the job ;) 

I'm very disappointed. I don't have any access to the printer internal logs so I can't check by myself what's happening (is it the network ? Wifi only seems not to be straightforward to setup so I wonder if it's native...)

Do you please have any clue on what's happening ?

Thank you :)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: WorkCenter 6515 never wakes up after sleep mode - Wifi only

Jump to solution
Actually, I'm talking about sleep mode, but it's the "auto power off mode" (ie the third step of "not being used". So the test about printing something is not relevant :) but still, I can't power it on anyway.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

I bet it isn't actually up to date firmware, just the latest General Release firmware (65.50.61)

Install this one which is version 65.54.21 using this tool.

Then, in the power saver you should get this option which will stop the sleep issue when enabled

1.PNG

What happens is, the WiFi option is attached on the USB bus, and by default, the USB port shuts down to save power, so it (the wifi adaptor) can't wake the printer back up (Because it isn't actually there anymore)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have a WorkCenter 6515 but when I give it the bin file linked in this solution it says its not for the 6515.... I feel like this is definitely what's going on.

0 Kudos