cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prkillian

WorkCentre® 6027 - ADF Cover/Mechanism Damaged by Drop - Stuck on Fault Code 005-301

Product Name: WorkCentre 6027
Operating System: Not Specified

Hi! Trying to help out a colleague that works from home. Their Xerox WorkCentre® 6027 device fell off the printer stand and it appears the ADF cover and/or mechanism may have been damaged. The machine is displaying the following message: "Fault Code 005-301: ADF Cover Open Message Remove Paper Then Close ADF Cover". I found the PDF copy of the user manual, and sent it to them to look for any paper jams. However, I don't know if the fault code is literal or not in this case. 

I was wondering if there was a way to by-pass the error message to see if the machine still prints without doing a full reset. But I don't know if that's even possible if the ADF cover/mechanism is damaged. Then, I don't know if there is a way to bypass the ADF issue(s) or if that will be a show-stopper. I'm concerned that some sort of sensor, guide, etc. may have been damaged and the device won't allow any work-arounds. I searched the forums prior to posting, and could not find any similar types of situations. 

Any guidance that someone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WorkCentre® 6027 - ADF Cover/Mechanism Damaged by Drop - Stuck on Fault Code 005-301

Hello prkillian, 

I searched the error code and the only information is to make sure the ADF cover is closed and power the printer off.  If this is not clearing the error message then it will require service.  Please call into the support department at 1-800-821-2797 to schedule and appointment. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!