cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrToad

Re: Workcentre 6515 Device Fault 062-380

Jump to solution

Anyone in the UK should tell the supplier that they are in breach of the  Consumer Rights Acts they have supplied  something that is not of merchantable quality. You are entitled to a repair, refund or replacement under these regulations which are enforcable through the smalls claims court at your local county court. The cost of bringing such an action is negligeable to you, but nearly all sellers opt for a repair or replacement as to them the court costs are considerable. Contact the local Trading Standards Office for help and assistance

0 Kudos
Straeten

Jump to solution

After my problem with error 062-380, I first contacted the shop where I bought the Workstation. When they did not want to help me, I contacted Xerox in the Netherlands. Despite the fact that many of the same complaints are already known to Xerox, they did not want to help me. I was able to have the scan function repaired, but that cost me the price of 2 x a new printer.
After weeks of trying to get it straight, I gave up…. Xerox is not going to help me!!!!

0 Kudos
blatterjr

Jump to solution

I just had this faul error as well... I can still print but can't use any scanner function. When I contacted support, the tech stated that this was a known issue.  The cost to take/send my machine to only have someone look at it is half the cost of the machine alone without factoring in my time.

These ~$500+ machines are disposable if you're 1-day outside of warranty.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Do you work for Xerox maybe? This doesn't even help the damm problem
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
What a shame. I just bought 2 Xerox 6515 and one of them came with the error of death 062-380. We should all go to the nearest Xerox and throw this POS printers right in the entrance. How come this issue is still not fixed in 3/8/2022.
DON'T BUY XEROX
DRXerox

Jump to solution

Bonjour, 

Comment avez-vous fait pour que le code erreur n'apparaisse plus sur la machine la 1ère fois?

Merci d'avance pour votre réponse.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am another annoyed customer having this error now. The cleaning process described on page 2 of this thread did not help, as for everyone else on here. What makes me really angry is the fact, that the error occured RIGHT after i have spent 150 EUR on a new toner. I mean, I can still use the printing functionality, but I also need a scanner and it is not 1995 anymore, where having 3 different machines for printing, scanning and copying was cool.

Until now I was very satisfied with the workcentre 6515, but unfortunately this looks like a programmed error that XEROX is not willing or capable to fix. This was my first Xerox product and it will be my last for a good amount of time.

0 Kudos