cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ercm03 New Member

Workcentre 6515 software upgrade failed 017-759

Jump to solution

I'm attempting to upgrade my 6515 from s/w 65.10.41 to 65.21.41 using the firmware update tool on my mac running 10.13.3

The firmare tool runs and says firmware upgraded and I get 5 beeps from the printer but it sits displaying "An authorized user is making changes to this device, Please wait....” forever. If I switch the printer off and on from the front panel I get the following on the error report and the s/w is still at 65.10.41:

The software upgrade failed(017-759)

(Upgrade NG)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Workcentre 6515 software upgrade failed 017-759

Jump to solution

The fault is just stating again that the update failed.

Try the newest firmware from here.

I have seen quite a lot of failures with updates on Macs, if at all possible, try from a Windows device.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
ercm03 New Member

Jump to solution
I dug out an old windows laptop and did the upgrade from it via USB rather than over the wired ethernet (both the Mac & the printer are on wired ethernet) as I did from the Mac and that worked fine.

I don't know if the issue is an upgrade over ethernet or from a Mac....
0 Kudos
tomwood New Member

Jump to solution
Hi there. Sorry for asking, but how did you manage to upgrade the FW via the USB. I have the exact same problem after a FW update trial that failed. Stuck on logo screen now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

Where did you get the firmware you are using? The instructions are included in the firmware I linked above and they certainly include the USB instructions (To be clear, it is a laptop connected by USB, not firmware residing on a USB stick)

Capture.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos