Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alphapagine New Member

Xerox 550 custom page

Jump to solution

Hi to all,
first sorry for my english.
I have a Xerox 550. I often use paper with 330x480 mm size by n. 5 tray,
but every time I had to put the size in the front panel.
Can I save in the printer some paper size?
How?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Xerox Employee TrishW-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Xerox 550 custom page

Jump to solution

Hello alphapagine,

Have you tried searching for solutions in our Online Knowledge Base?

Try this link - of course this is assuming you have a Xerox Color 550/560 printer - http://www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-color-550-560/support/enus.html?associatedProduct=XRIP_55...

Hopefully this might be helpful. If not, please post back and let us know.

Trish Wright

Xerox Forums Administrator
Email: trish.wright@xerox.com

0 Kudos
alphapagine New Member

Jump to solution

I try, ma I found nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

Hello alphapagine,

The paper size that you are trying to use is outside of the limits for this printer.  The maximum size that this printer can handle is 457mm (18in).  You can try to run this paper in the machine, but you will most likely get an error/jam because the machine will be expecting a shorter sheet.  I have copied instructions from the Knowledge Base for you below on how to create and use a custom paper size but you may be restricted to 457mm.

1. Open the file to be printed, and then select [Print] from the File menu.
2. Select the required printer, and then click on the [Printing Preferences] or [Properties] button. The Printing Preferences or Properties window will be displayed.
3. Click on the [Paper / Output] tab.
4. Click on the Paper pull-down menu.
5. Select [Other Size]. The Paper Size window will be displayed.
6. Select the required custom paper size from the Output Paper Size pull-down menu, and then skip to step 10. If the required custom size is not displayed, continue with the next step.
7. Create the required custom paper size.
       1. Select [New] from the Output Paper Size pull-down menu.  The New Custom Size window will be displayed.
       2. Enter a name for the custom size in the Name field.
       3. Enter the height of the custom size in the Height field. This may be set from 210 mm (8.27 in.) to 457 mm (18 in.).
       4. Enter the width of the custom size in the Width field. This may be set from 104 mm (4.1 in.) to 320 mm (12.6 in.).
       5. Select either the [Inches] or [Millimeters] radio button from the Units section.
       6. Click on the [OK] button.
8. Select the newly created custom size from the Output Paper Size and Original Document Size pull-down menus.
9. Click on the [OK] button.
10. Select any other required print settings from the Paper / Output, Special Pages, Color Options, Layout / Watermark, or Advanced tabs.
11. Click on the [OK] button twice to send the job to the printer.

0 Kudos
alphapagine New Member

Jump to solution

Hello John,
my 550 can print the size 480mm. Now i'm printing on this format.
Thanks for your help, but probabily I don't explain well what I need.
Your instruction is ok.

When i put the paper on the n. 5 tray, the printer ask me on the touch panel the paper size and the type paper. I select glossy, then and manually 330x480 mm. I would like to save this format, to call again in the future, like I can do with SRA3.

Thanks a lot for all

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

You can add that custom size using the instructions that I pasted into my previous post.  Have you tried that and did it work?

0 Kudos
alphapagine New Member

Jump to solution

I have the EFI, i can't use you instruction.

I can select the custom paper size in the program, but I would like choose it directly on the printer.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

I think I understand what you are asking now.  The 330mm x 480mm is actually a standard size paper.  In inches that is 13 x 19 so when you put that paper in tray 5 and the touch screen asks you to confirm the paper type and size, you can select glossy as you already do and then look for 13 x 19 size and select that size.  This should solve your issue.  Please let me know if this does not help.

alphapagine New Member

Jump to solution

yes it works, thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

You're welcome!  Glad it worked :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos