cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmytry Member

Re: Xerox Versalink B7025 error 116-331

If i anderstood correctly? i need  use altboot function? For this i need  to do next steps:
1) Prepare usb flash card formatted in FAT32 with blink indication
2) write to usb flash oficial firmware file *.DLM in folder altboot (I can use firmware from oficial web site?)
3) In folder altboot create empty file named "FORCED_UPGRADE".
3) Enter Special Boot mode
4) Touch "Download mode" and "Yes" and update firmware
Is it whright order?
P.S. I have empty sandisk sd card 8GB. If firmware update will not help, can i use this sd card and procedures in a specific order to repain machine? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This machine does not work with AltBoot. The folder must be named DWLD, copy the software .bin (not .dlm) and proceed with:

3) Enter Special Boot mode
4) Touch "Download mode" and "Yes" and update firmware

P.S. I have empty sandisk sd card 8GB. If firmware update will not help, can i use this sd card and procedures in a specific order to repain machine?

The answer is no, because the original SD have some informations on it to communicate with the machine.

Dmytry Member

Try update firmware. Result - same error 116-331 after reboot mashine.
If i anderstood i need take special sd card image with some informations on it to communicate with the machine for this model and wrote this image on empty  sd card? 

0 Kudos
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you need a new SD card (Xerox p.n. 540K23310), or to find somwhere SD card image to write it on an empty SD.

Dmytry Member

Where i can find SD card image to write it on an empty SD? Can i create image from sd card the same Xerox model b7025, if i find it? 

0 Kudos
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From what I know the SD on the VesaLink machines (like the WC or AltaLink) cannot be readable, but if you find a method, yes it can be cloned.

Also tell me if your machine have a HDD installed. If yes try to remove it and reinstall the firmware, or even to replace it.

Dmytry Member

No, there is no HDD installed on my machine. "Ok, Google" do not find any sd card image for this model, but in this forum i see post about Xerox Wc7225, there  be the same trouble with sd card and someone take sd image on that machine on mail to everyone who asked. Interesting, how or where someone managed to get sd image...

0 Kudos
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's because on some models the image can be cloned from a known good machine.

0 Kudos
Dmytry Member

Interesting, what programs use for cloned sd image on this Xerox WC7225?
P.S. I put my empty SD card to machine, turn power and see massage on display "117-329 Please Reboot" like if i start machine without SD card. I can not enter Special boot mode with my empty sd card too. Next i put my empty sd card to card reader on my Windows 7 PC and  empty sd card ceased to determined on win7 OS, like nativy machine sd card. Very Interesting

0 Kudos
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

1.HDD RAW Copy Tool.

2. 117-329 is a fault code for missing SD card.

3. It is normal if an empty SD card to have the behaviour (to not enter in Special BOOT). As I said the original SD and eventually an image (cloned and write id on an empty SD) have some informations on it (at the initialization the machine communicate with the SD).