I see no one has responded to this post yet. So, at this point I would recommend contacting your local Xerox Support Department to speak with a Product Specialist for more assistance. Please call 1-800-835-6100.
Dear Forum Partners!
There is a Xerox WorkCentre 6515 printer.
With 17,000 printed pages.
Factory unpacking without Chip !!! With drum cartridge set. (YMCK)
The printer writes the following error code:
091-921 DRUM CRUM K not position error.
The joke is that the DRUM cartrige kit is still the chipless kit that came with the factory new printer, and the printer prints this error on 17,000 printed pages. Although these kits, if I know correctly, can print 48,000 pages. So the mistake, I think, is definitely not because of the chip read failure. I think there is a software bug.
- Firmware update (no results, error still present)
- Printer full reset. (no result, error still present)
- Diagnostic / dC301 Initialize NVM / IOT1, ISS IIT / IPS, SYS SYSTEM, SYS USER. (none yielded results)
- Black DRUM cartidge exception, reinsert. Restart the printer. (no result, error still present)
- Xero deve cru assy (YMCK) PL 8.1 / 2/3/4 item connection terminal checkin. No broken, damage. (no result, error still exists as there is no chip !!!)
- Drum cartridge CRUM connection P / J400, P / J401, P / J402, P / J403, P / J404. No damage, the connectors are OK. (no result, error still present)
- Herness assy deve / xero C PL 2.1 item 9 cables are OK. No injuries, tears. Continuous. (no result, error still present)
- MCU board REP 18.1.1 (MFP) I didn't watch. Needless to say, there's nothing to read. No Drum cartridge chip!
- I would note that testing them is completely unnecessary because there are no chips in the Drum cartridge units. So the printer has nothing to read! Useless description in this case, the service book these instructions.
So the question would be, how can I repair my printer ???
It seems to me that the Drum cartridge data has been lost or corrupted from the printer (one of the memory chips) when the DRUM cartidge does not have a chip yet.