Which driver did you choose?
Do never print a test page when recently installed a driver, the driver is probably configured to print on the wrong type of paper.
Instead just click on continue instead of doing so.
Go to Printers -> right click on the printer -> select printer preferences and change the paper settings.
Now you can print a test page :)
That's helpful, but it doesn't seem to work. I get all the way through to 'print a test page' and nothing happens.
I'm also getting confused by all the driver options on the xerox download page.
You have to install the correct driver from the Xerox Homepage, Windows built in drivers is not recommended.
And you have to install it using the USB-Port and not an IP Address if its not connected to the network.
If you have the driver downloaded, unpack it to a known place.
1. Go to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Add a Printer
2. Here you will have to click on “Add a local printer”
3. Here you check “Use an existing port” and choose the correct USB-port, usually “USB001”.
If it does not print, you may need to select another USB-port.
4. When done with this just press “Next” and “Finish”
Now you can proceed with the “Add a Printer Wizard”
5. When you press “Have Disk” a new window will show up where you can navigate to where you extracted the files and choose the correct .inf file for the printer.
Hope this helps
I was just given a c2424 unit. I'm using it with Windows 7x64 via usb, and Windows installed drivers for it. I can print to it - but just barely. The print options in the Windows dilaogue are almost none (for example, no options for duplexing, print quality, colors, etc.).
Surely a printer this nice has much more robust print options. So I'm thinking I must have some simple drivers installed instead of the real deal. But every time I try to download to drivers package from the Xerox website, it can't find the printer and keeps asking me for a printer IP address.
Obviously I'm lost about this kind of printer setup. Sorry for the newbie question.