cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: error 062-380: really funny!

No, not as individual part for a reasonable price.

I found lots of defective WC6515 on the market, but shipping them seems to be impossible. I'm betting each one of them has a working ADF scan module...

The part number of the scan module seems to be custom, officially liteon has not documented anything starting with "DL620", it should be "DL520":

http://www.liteon-semi.com/_en/02_cis/02_about.php?ID=7

Since my device works fine with the (repaired) flatbed scanner, I've got lots of time to find a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

FYI: I finally found someone who would ship their defective unit to me.

The unit also had the 062-380 error, and it seems like the flatbed scan module was at fault. Since I had already restored my unit to partial function by swapping flatbed / DADF scanner module, it was a <15 minutes fix to swap in the DADF module from the "bought for parts" unit.

I now have a fully working unit again and an additional set of drums, toner and waste toner bottle.

Total cost including shipping was less than an complete (original) toner set :-)

Highlighted

Hi missingparts

I have got the same error code on the display of my MFP Xerox WC 6515 DNI. I am very interested in your successful repair. Please, may I ask you to tell more detailed (step by step procedure) how you swapped the scan head from the CIS module inside the DADF into the CCD inside the IIT/platen glass scanner?

I Would like to execute the same first step repair to get at least the CCD scanner running again and find later a working scan head to fix the broken one in the CIS module inside the DADF.

You mentioned a service documentation, bat I could not find one for the Xerox WC 6515 MFP. Where can I find it?

I greatly appreciate your help!
Kind rgards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi guys!
Got exactly the same problem and waiting for the costs from Xerox... yay...
@missingparts I'd also be interested in and thankful for instructions how to change the unit once getting hands on spare parts.
Thank you so much and best regards,
Tom

PS. Yes, 452€ for an obvious production failure of the whole series makes me change my printer and scanner brand for the whole office. Farewell Xerox, never again.

0 Kudos