cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 Replies

Re: printer "jam" on mismatched paper size when printing from bypass tray

CathyO-Xerox,

When feeding from the bypass tray, the copier doesn't know what size paper is in the bypass tray until it actually feeds the paper through, so it can't throw an error before it pulls the paper.  Once the copier has pulled the paper in to the paper path for a certain distance, it can measure the actual paper size.

Again, it seems that a better approach would be to just feed the paper through the copier, like the old Xerox did, instead of "jam" and require the use to open up the machine and take the paper out.

Perhaps you could pass this suggestion on to the appropriate group for consideration.

Thanks!

CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: printer "jam" on mismatched paper size when printing from bypass tray

Hello jhuber,

Sorry to hear about the Jams you are having from the bypass. I am not sure why that device doesn't throw an error before it pulls the paper. I did find this article that may help you with the jams when they do happen, you can try and clean t...

Thanks,
CathyO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos

printer "jam" on mismatched paper size when printing from bypass tray

Product Name: VersaLink C7020/C7025/C7030 Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Not Specified

Hello!

I owned a Xerox Phaser 6180 for many years...great printer.  If the wrong paper size was fed into the bypass tray, say the job wanted 8.5 x 14 but 8.5 x 11 was inserted, the machine would print the job and then pop up a warning that there was a paper size mismatch, where one could insert the correct paper and reprint, or just cancel the job.

I now have a VersaLink C7030.  If the wrong size paper is inserted into the bypass tray, the machine "jams" as the paper is feeding through, as soon as the printer determines the paper length is wrong, and makes one open up the machine and dig the half printed paper out of the machine.  This seems like a really bad way to handle the wrong paper size, as it seems unnecessary to have to open up a the machine to get the paper out when the machine could just feed it through and pop up a warning.  Many times, even though printed on the wrong size paper, the printed job is good enough (i.e. a draft copy).

I can't find any way in the settings to change this "jam" behavior.  Could there be a setting added to a future firmware update to mimic the old 6180...add an option to just feed the mismatched job on through and pop up a warning on the panel?

Thanks!

0 Kudos