Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Digital Man New Member

"replace fuser assembly"

Jump to solution
Product Name: WorkCentre 3335/3345
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Our WC3335 is showing a warning on the LCD.  When we select it the message is Replace fuser assembly.  The message is not showing in the web console.  When I look at Alerts it is only showing a message for the Bypass tray being empty.  When I review Consumables, the Smart Drum Kit is GREEN and at 43% but the status is showing ERROR.

We seem to be able to print no problem, but of course it beeps afetr every job.

Is there a separate fuser assembly?  Why is it not showing any info on the Web console?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: "replace fuser assembly"

Jump to solution

The fuser is an entirely seperate thing and it is typically technician installed from what I understand.

I agree, it should probably be shown on the webUI, but it isn't, probably because it isn't considered a CRU (Customer Replaceable Unit).

Transfer belts/rollers also don't display in CWIS, probably for the same reason

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
gabiene Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Jump to solution

Hi,

The fuser assembly is the fixing unit (behind the rear cover) and is not a customer repleaceble unit, it is a field engineer repleaceble unit. Estimated life of fuser is 90k based on letter/A4 impressionsand will varybased on media type, size, weight, usage etc.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Digital Man New Member

Jump to solution

Ok thanks.  yes we are at over 90k.  I assume even though it's not a customer replaceable it is replaceable using standard tools?

0 Kudos
rdaniels2 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

Replacing this part doesn't need tools. Its held in place by thumb screws. If the Xerox Field technicians know you well and think you can change this with out them, they can just drop ship one to you.

I would suggest that if you are not 100% on changing this yourself, Have the Technicians come onsite. From my experience, they have always taken the time to answer my questions and show me what they are doing. The more you know the more you can help them.

Randy
Please be sure to select Accept Solution and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
0 Kudos
Digital Man New Member

Jump to solution
Funny enough, I can't find any documentation on replacing this. Trade secret?
0 Kudos