cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter81 Member

workcentre 5745 finisher communication error

hi,

Occasionally we get the linear combination of these error messages on wc5745 machines:

03-545-00 Finisher communications error. User intervention is required to Power Off/On the machine; service is required if the problem persists. Printing is disabled; other services are available.
16-517-00 The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) function has failed. User intervention is required to Power Off/On the machine. Scan to E-mail and Internet Fax are disabled; Printing and other machine services are unaffected.
17-552-00 Reprint Saved Jobs service registration error. User intervention is required to Power Off/On the machine; service is required if problem persists. Reprinting of saved jobs is disabled; other machine services are unaffected.
02-533-00 A stability problem has been detected with the machine's configurable services. User intervention is required to Power Off/On the machine; service is required if the problem persists. All machine services are disabled.

system software version: 061.132.222.07901

Any suggestions, tipps, tricks?

regards,

Peet

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xerox Analyst RuiKZ6N6K-xrx
Xerox Analyst

Re: workcentre 5745 finisher communication error

Hi, it seems went crazy. The first recommendation is call for field engineer to do a full system load by ALT BOOT ( no upgrade), then start troubleshooting from there if the problem persists. regards Rui
Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos
Peter81 Member

hi

OK, couple of weeks ago the xerox tech guy tried an ALT BOOT, first of all he tried to upgrade, but the procedure halts with no errors after ~20 minutes and nothing happens, then we tried to upgrade using an usb stick with no luck. Only the Centreware IS has worked, browsing the the dlm image, which worked smoothly.

FYI: On one machine we are using a fax service and I've checked the status history and since the fax has been set up the 533 error disappeared, so  I guess the  "02-533-00 a stability problem" occurs if you don't set up the embedded fax, because if you don't do, the machine won't go down to sleep and power save state.

Other thing, when the finisher comm. error shows up and I just reboot the machine the error shows up again in 10 minutes, I really need to power off.

I'll call the engineer.

regards,
Peet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Peter81 Member

Hi Folks,

More information:

Following some eureka suggestions we replaced the finisher's motherboard but the finisher communication error still remains.

regards,
Peet

0 Kudos
Peter81 Member

Problem solved.

Making a Basic Office Finisher disappear solved a problem, now we are using Offset Catch Tray.

0 Kudos