Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 Reply
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 0.0.0.0 for IPv4 and Blank IPv6 = Can't Configure Printer to Computer

Hello apleck24, 

I suggest calling back into the support department and asking to speak with an analyst: 1-800-821-2797 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
0 Kudos
apleck24

0.0.0.0 for IPv4 and Blank IPv6 = Can't Configure Printer to Computer

Product Name: VersaLink C405 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: Windows 10

So the printer and my computer are connected to a share network (strong internet connection).

I did what I normally do, (found the computer on my laptop and selected it)... initially, it would print extremely sporadically, sometimes within the same hour, printing exactly as I commanded, other times not printing at all (and the times were it didn't print on MY computer, there were no issues, as my friend was printing from his.

In recent weeks, not only does it fail to print as commanded, print jobs are not even showing up in the print queue.

I called support who attempted to walk me thru the setup and got partway thru, when I hit a snag: I needed to enter in the IPv4 OR IPv6 of the printer.  I located where these fields are on the printer, but the IPv4 is simply displaying 0.0.0.0 and the IPv6 displays NO numbers by it at all.

My friend said that he simply "hardwired" his laptop to the printer and (basically did what I did initially) with any fancy set-up steps and has had no issues.

Can someone help?

Thank you

0 Kudos