cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theomarx New Member

106R01438 Toner cartridge

I recently bought a Xerox Phaser 7500.

Ordered Yellow toner 106R01438 after searching for toner on the xerox website.

To my surprise this toner is not compatible with my Xerox Phaser 7500, it says I must order 106R01445 or 106R01443.
I have done this, but now need to wait another 3 weeks for the toner to arrive, I cannot wait that long! Is there any way I can use this cartridge?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dan Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Re: 106R01438 Toner cartridge

not without messing up your printer.  As each has a chip in it that works with the printer you cannot simply remove it or even replace an old one with it as it stores information on toner level.  The best bet you have is to see if there is another company with the phaser 7500 and ask to borrow a toner and give back one you just ordered.  If you have service as your tech if he knows of another of these printers in the area.  Or ask you sales rep.

Dan

theomarx New Member

But why have 2 different toner chips for the same printer in 2 different areas? Can I not put the old toner's chip into the new one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dan Frequent Member
Frequent Member

no you can't.  As i said the chip stores the toner level info and the printer will just think you put in an empty bottle and if it does drop some toner into the developer housing you may mess up the housing, at the very least you'll get poor quality and the worst you'll have to replace the housing (which is expensive).  This can also go against your lease. 

Your quickest and best direction is to borrow a toner bottle like i said.

dan