cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotsofxeons New Member

2400x2400 old driver??????

Product Name: WorkCentre 7655/7665/7675
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

The other day, when making a copy of a photograph, the print that came out was awesome! The resolution was so much better than what the current driver lets it print at. I fooled around and found a different setting that makes it better, but still not as good as that copy. Xerox claims it will do 2400x2400, but I havent found a driver that allows that setting. Anyone got one? I have used about a dozen different drivers I have found on the web. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: 2400x2400 old driver??????

Depends on the driver, but if its a V3 driver, I would expect to see Resolution = 600x600.

Don't use V4 drivers or Class drivers, in my opinion, they both have color issues, doesn't matter the printer brand or model.

You actually are always printing at 2400*2400 DPI, because that is what the printer does by hardware.

What you see in the driver is how the jobs are interpreted and ripped.

So the printer takes your job and renders it according to the resolution dropdown (300 or 600) Obviously file size changes massively dependent on which you choose. 600 is great for text (crisp), 300 is great for images (colors, gradients, saturation). Color issues can and do occur at 600 (faded, de-saturated), not always, but often enough.

And here is where the real difference is noted. 2400DPI does not equal 2400*2400DPI, they are entirely different measurements.

2400DPI is the amount of dots used to make a digital image appear on screen total within one inch.

2400*2400 is very different, in the CMYK world, unlike the RGB, you divide resolution by the toners.

So with this CMYK device you have the 4 colors, so you divide 2400*2400 by 4.

So each color (CMYK) prints 600*600 DPI, when all 4 colors are laid down, there are 2400*2400 DPI.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos