cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3320 postscript printing

I can not get this printer to print out seps in illustrator. I have the PS driver and all I get when I try to print out a positive is a blank page. Iam a screen printer and need to print spot colors as blacks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: 3320 postscript printing

From Windows or Mac?

What particular PS driver?

If Windows, what happens with a PCL driver?

What happens if you export to PDF and print the pdf?

Is it only an issue when there are spot colors and you are replacing them with black?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

From windows. I have been using this for years and just got this new 3320 and now it will not print anything useing the PS printer. I installed the one from the disk  and then tryed the one off the sight. Turned postscript on from the printer menu and still nothing. PCL driver will not open the mode to separations. You cant split up colors in a pdf can you. Have you used adobe illustraror. You need the right PPD for it to work . Do you know anyone that is using illustrator with this printer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

From windows. I have been using this for years and just got this new 3320 and now it will not print anything useing the PS printer.

What have you been using for years?

I installed the one from the disk  and then tryed the one off the sight. Turned postscript on from the printer menu and still nothing.

I assume nothing is what is on the page, not that literally nothing happens after you hit print here.

PCL driver will not open the mode to separations.

Correct, that is a PS only feature

You cant split up colors in a pdf can you.

Only during creation of the pdf

Have you used adobe illustraror.

Yes

You need the right PPD for it to work .

Yes, and you can extract that from the driver after install

Do you know anyone that is using illustrator with this printer. 

Yes

I have the PS driver and all I get when I try to print out a positive is a blank page.

Probably because the Printer itself uses emulated Postscript. If that is the case you would

need to do some conversions.

The 3320 definitely is emulated PS

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Joe,
 Ok I saw you link to Postscript printer is printing blank pages. That works fine if you create the art in Photoshop. I get all my art sent to me as an AI or EPS. When I put one of those files in photoshop it no longer is in spot colors. Is there a way to change them back into spot colors again. When I try to save the file as a DCS2 the spot color box is gray and will not let me save it. I did not know that emulated postscript would not read Adobe PS. What xerox printer or any other has the Adobe chips. I need a printer that will open a Ai or EPS file and print my color seps and let me print halftones. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Joe,
 Can you tell me what is the name of the PPD that the person you know is using this printer in illustrator. I have two Xerox phaser 3320 and Default ( Xerox phaser 3320 ). Should I be seeing something like Xerox phaser 3320PS. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I am far from a graphic designer, I can't comment on any design aspects. ai files can be converted to eps, eps can be opened in Photoshop, Photoshop can do Spot colors.

I can't really give printer suggestions, I work for Xerox but work in the higher end. So my suggestions are going to be products that come with a DFE, so you can get Pantone certification and calibrate the device to the stock and Job. Which would start you off around the C60 line. With the EFI Fiery rip.

On the much lower end, there are Adobe PS certified models like the Phaser 6500

and the Phaser 6600 which is slightly better hardware backed PS.

Basically, find a printer in your budget that contains the ability to print the size of document you need, then check that it is listed as having Pantone approval or Certification, as well as True Adobe PS v3.

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos