cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

6128 problem with mac 10.6.6

Hi

Phaser 6128MFP (ethernet) with mac client (10.6.6 uptodate)

two things : in the web configuation i can't change the DNS. I made the DNS setting with ip from my dns server (works well with the rest of the network)

the dns stay to : unknow

another things : the printer doesn't understand the format paper. We are in europe and many times the printer reclaim US letter. We send only word document in A4 format and we must force the printer to print.

any advice ?

thanks for your answer

Bertrand, Paris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: 6128 problem with mac 10.6.6

Hello bertrandzmirov,

If you are sure that the paper loaded in the paper trays is setup correctly in the machine (paper type and paper size) and that the paper edge guides are touching the edges of the paper in the paper trays, then I have a feeling that your machine may be set to the wrong market region which would explain why you always have to change the paper size from US Letter to A4.  The only way to change the market region however, is by having a Xerox Technician change the setting in the software of the machine.  So, make sure that your paper trays are setup correctly and that the paper guides in the trays are adjusted correctly and are touching the edges of the paper stack in the paper tray.  If all of that is correct, then you should schedule a service call.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hello Bertrand,

You may also want to check the setting for default measurements in your machine.  This can be done via the Control Panel on the machine by pressing the System button.  Then select Admin Menu>>System Setup and then locate the mm/inches default setting and select mm.  Also in the Admin Menu, select the Default Print Paper Size setting and make sure that it is set to A4.

This may be all that you need to do to fix the issues that you are experiencing.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted

i will check it tomorrow and respond you

best regards

0 Kudos