cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
equazcion New Member

6204 Windows Server 2008 printing problems [solved]

Jump to solution

I upgraded our Windows 2003 domain controller to Windows 2008 (R1 32-bit). Printing was working fine on 03, but the driver disappeared after the in-place upgrade to 08. We're using the built-in print server, NOT Freeflow Access.

We also have a separate Windows 2008 R2 64-bit domain controller, and I've unfortunately never been able to get that one to print to the 6204 either, so no one can use the 6204 right now, which is pretty bad. All of our other printers work fine from it (including a Xerox WorkCentre 7775).

I've tried every driver available on the download page, with both servers (32-bit and 64-bit versions as appropriate), and nothing works.

The printer driver installs to workstations successfully, but when anyone prints (including domain administrators logged-in locally on the servers), the print job hangs in the queue for 20 seconds and then says "error".

I CAN log in to the printer's web admin page from both servers and all workstations. No jobs or errors show up there, as far as I can see. The "Jobs in memory" LED on the printer is lit, though I'm not sure exactly what that means. I tried power cycling (and changing network cables, in desperation), but no change.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
equazcion New Member

Re: 6204 Windows Server 2008 printing problems

Jump to solution

Solved-

I went to port configuration and set to LPR, byte counting enabled, and set the print queue to plt00t. I did this from the 2008 R2 64-bit server.

I'm pretty sure it worked printing RAW on Windows 2003, but I could be wrong. Anyway it seems to work now. Thanks anyway :)

MazterJedi New Member

Jump to solution

I was hoping to have the same luck. I too just upgraded our server to Server 2012. Cant even install the printer no matter which driver (Windows 7 or Server 2008) I use. Installed printer on a Server 2008 machine, but I have the same problem, it just wont print. I changed the port settings as you suggested, but still no dice. We have had this problem before, and I remember something about the driver, I was given a "PS3" driver and that solved all the problems. Ive about had it with this machine, of the 8 printers in the building, this is the only one that gives me a hard time.

0 Kudos
MazterJedi New Member

Jump to solution
Nevermind. It worked. It just took a loooot longer to print, but at this point, I'm fine with that =)
0 Kudos