cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

6505 randomly printing %-12345X

I had this problem crop up before, but can't remember what the solution was. I have a user with a 6505 which randomly prints out a blanck page with %-12345X in the top left corner. Right now it's maybe 10 a day, but previously it got to the point where it would simply do this continually until it used up all the paper!

This machine is connected via USB to the users PC, which is running Windows 7 64-bit. She is using PCL driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: 6505 randomly printing %-12345X

Hi mlynch1958,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please make sure that you are using the 64 bit PCL driver.  You may want to uninstall and reinstall the driver to make sure that you follow the solution for installing the driver with a USB connection.  If that does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the response. I did do an uninstall of the existing driver and reinstalled, but the problem continues. Any other ideas? I feel like I did something on the machine itself, like flushing the cache or something? Does that ring any bells?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mlynch1958,

The only reset on the machine is to reset the NVM values.  But please be aware this will reset the machine to DHCP and may change the IP address of the machine so I suggest you print out a configuration page before doing this process so that you know how your settings are now and can change any back to the current setting after the reset. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos