cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neo177 New Member

7120 Excel print problem

Hi,

We just bought new WC 7120. Almost everything is working perfectly except printing from MS Excel. In printer dialog I can set whatever I want but printer always end up with 024-747 error. 

What's wrong?? What can I do to correct this behavior?

Printer have latest firmware and we are using latest drivers.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xerox Employee TrishW-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: 7120 Excel print problem

neo177,

Have you tried searching for the fault code in the WC7120 knowledge base? This is a great resource to search for how to and problem solutions.

Click on the link below to access the knowledge base, and then click on the Fault Code Search link and enter the code in the field. You should see a return result that your print parameters are incompatible with some steps to try.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7120/support/enus.html

I hope this helps. Post back and let us know.

TrishW-Xerox

Forums Moderator

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

found some relatic topics

- that error is solved in a new firmware : Error
message 024-747 printing over Windows 7 Photo Viewer with PCL6 Driver. Print
with PS Driver is o.k.

Print a PDF that calls for 9 x 11 paper, using the newest PS GPD driver and
see the job is flushed from the queue and issues a  024-747 error.

latests firmware : 71.20.63

1) Set up tray 5 with a custom size paper, then remove the sheet so the tray is empty.

2) Create a simple 8.5 x 11 word document, select tray 5 (Bypass tray) from the driver, then print.

3) See the job is deleted with error 24-747. 

The customer expects the job to be held in the queue with a message for the user to load 8.5 x 11 paper in tray 5.

1) At the Machine UI, login as Admin and go to Tools.
2) Go to System Settings > Common Service Settings > Paper Tray Settings > Paper Tray Priority.
3) For the Bypass tray, Select the option "Exclude from Auto Tray Switching"

Given the same printing scenario, the job will not be deleted; instead the job will be held and ask for the correct paper to be loaded in the Bypass tray.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

found some relatic topics

- that error is solved in a new firmware : Error
message 024-747 printing over Windows 7 Photo Viewer with PCL6 Driver. Print
with PS Driver is o.k.

Print a PDF that calls for 9 x 11 paper, using the newest PS GPD driver and
see the job is flushed from the queue and issues a  024-747 error.

latests firmware : 71.20.63

1) Set up tray 5 with a custom size paper, then remove the sheet so the tray is empty.

2) Create a simple 8.5 x 11 word document, select tray 5 (Bypass tray) from the driver, then print.

3) See the job is deleted with error 24-747. 

The customer expects the job to be held in the queue with a message for the user to load 8.5 x 11 paper in tray 5.

1) At the Machine UI, login as Admin and go to Tools.
2) Go to System Settings > Common Service Settings > Paper Tray Settings > Paper Tray Priority.
3) For the Bypass tray, Select the option "Exclude from Auto Tray Switching"

Given the same printing scenario, the job will not be deleted; instead the job will be held and ask for the correct paper to be loaded in the Bypass tray.

0 Kudos
neo177 New Member

In Matter of fact yes i tried searching. As I wrote, in driver I can set whatever I want, printer do not print the page. Really, I tried every option in driver and every size of paper defined.

Fabio:

We do not have PS module (tried PS driver, nothing happend of course), just PCL.

Thanks for workarround but seriously, i can't get it work like this. In our office we print around 300 pages of excel sheets and If I do it like you propose, we can start writing down reservations for printing because there will be long queues :)

Any other ideas guys?

0 Kudos
eydar New Member

Hi Fabio! I have the same problem with my new 7120. I changed firmware to latest: 71.20.31 and use driver X-GPD_5.216.12.0_PCL6_x64

But I don't find firmware : 71.20.63. Where can I get it?

Do this firmware fix problem?

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

xerox updated again the firmware, its 71.20.93 now, you can contact xerox for it

i cant provide you the link, you need to make a service request

i cant tell if it fixes your problem, so you have to try...

what i do know, is that error 24-747 is fixed in software 71.20.63 and later

0 Kudos
v0xp0puli101 New Member

hi,

new here.

had some concerns regarding ms excel (2007) printing on WC 7120.

we set/specified the sheet page-setup to (A4), but if sent to print, the machine will held to print-job, because it says it's on 8.5x11 (Letter).

we set A4 on the printer preferences; paper size, printer properties; printing defaults, but still the same problem.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rvillalba New Member

Hi, i had a problem where i cant print with Microsoft Excel. Always i use A4 but when i press print, it is On Hold, Retained. So, i solve it when i went to 

File > Options > Advanced > General >   And then i uncheck "Adjust the content to paper size A4 or 8.5 x 11 pda"

Ready, i can now print what i want.

I hope it can help you.

0 Kudos