cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

7435 Tray Priority

Hello, this is my first post.

I am having a heck of a time understanding tray priority,  The biggest problem I am having is getting the machine to pause when the paper type I select, i.e., heavyweight green, is not present in any of the trays.  It will always print to whatever paper is in the tray.  This is causing many wasted print jobs. 

I can find no resources for how the tray priority works and under what circumstances.  The local field tech had no help either.  This is a new 7435 with the built-in controller and a professional finisher.  I get the same behavior on the Mac and the PC.  It also does not matter what driver I am using.

I have the priority set to 1>2>3>4.  Auto paper switching is off.

Can someone explain how the try priority/switching works?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 7435 Tray Priority

Also, if I set the paper feed to auto, it prints from tray 1 regardless of what paper typer/color I choose in the driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

are you printing jobs with a tray setup in the driver? or do you send jobs with type,color ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

send the jobs with paper type and color, unless it is plain 8.5x11.  The only way it works is if I pick the tray I want it to come from.  Picking Auto select sends all jobs to the first tray regardless of type of color chosen.  Another test I did yesterday is I set tray 4 to heavyweight, green paper.  I sent the job picking white as my paper color.  The still printed.  It should give a held for resources warning but it does not.

Does that help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

verry strange, maybe you can try to upload a new firmware ? .164 is the latest one , but can only obtained by xerox helpdesk, its not on the website...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you Fabio for your input.  Would any Xderox employees on the forum like to weigh in on this?  I am planning to call and talk with second level support tomorrow. 

Are there any other 74XX series users that could share how they set the trays up for proper functioning?

It's a bit frustrating that this new machine in some ways is worse than the C2128 we came from.  I am sure it is the way the trays are set up, but since I or the local field tech understand how the priority switching works, I am lost.

0 Kudos