cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XPERT Analyst User JonathanG11890-GIS
XPERT Analyst User

7775 Network controller

I was posting this to see if anyone had any idea why this would happen. We have a 7775 out in the field that says network controller about to be reset and then it takes it little bit to reboot machine. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: 7775 Network controller

there were lots of issues with the initial firmware release, lots of crashing of the controller when sending print jobs, PS jobs in particular

be sure to upgrade to this software level : 061.090.221.15700, new release coming next week

also be sure to use LPR priting instead of raw when using windows clients

0 Kudos
mmazanec New Member

Is there any update regarding the newest release of the Xerox 7775 firmware?  We are having issues with our printer not scaling images, drawings, documents, etc. to the correct size.  Generally speaking we have been able to find work arounds for many of our applications (like Adobe Reader, or Excel) which are sending print-outs to the 7775, but setting the correct "original document size" (input paper size as opposed to output paper size) and an appropriate scale is a trial and error method.  Additionally, once one has found settings that work, I have not found a way of storing all of those settings so that one can just select that option the next time one needs to print with those settings.  Yes, one can create a new custom paper size (input paper size); but I have not found a way of setting a "standard" whereby I can choose for example a 24x36 original document size to print to an 11x17 paper size automatically without me having to independently select the original document size, the output paper size, and the scale in the printer's dialog window whenever I restart whatever application I am working with.

0 Kudos
XPERT Analyst User JonathanG11890-GIS
XPERT Analyst User

Why does LPR work better than RAW printing?

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

you need this SFR release of the global driver, contact xerox to obtain it :

5.216.2.3 ALL Addition of  “Fit to New Size” feature to GPD

0 Kudos
cipatm New Member

Hello all,

I've just bought an WC 7775 as new with just 135 impressions.
We installed the printer yesterday but already deal with a couple of issues:

1. We keep getting these errors (see attachment) with Extensible Service, Network Controller, Postscript, etc.

Once i get this error it's very hard to get rid of it, even if i turn off the printer for 10 minutes, when i poer it on i still get the error for extensible services. More, when the error is displayed the printer freezes and doesn't accept any new command from control panel.

It sais one should update to new firmware (but that version is not to be found on xerox site).

2. I have a problem with color rendering, the same print we did on a WC 7132 looks so much better than on the 7775. I don't know why, but it does grays from CMYK, instead of black.

3. Altough the specs are for 2400 x 2400 dpi the driver allows maximum resolution of 600 dpi.

Any help would is greatly apreciated.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

for your machine error, please call xerox and ask for version : 061.090.221.30100 , its not avaible on the xerox site

also, when a corrupt job is queued, your machine resets, so delete the job from your windows/app queue , otherwise as soon your machine is back online it resets again because the same job is spooled again

as for your color, can you post some screenshots of your settings?

Xerox Analyst MicahS-Xerox
Xerox Analyst

I completely agree, Many times Xerox.com only has the latest "General Build" software available. Call into the 2nd Level Network support, and they'll be able to provide you with the latest SPAR (engineering) software for this machine. 

The upgrade process is quick and painless, and takes about 30 minutes total. They even have a readme file that contains all the information on how to upgrade the machine.

Let us know how you make out. 

0 Kudos
akd835 New Member

The latest General Release messed up Xerox Standard Accounting and I'm still having issues with the network controller crashing...I have R1700. I'm printing LP not RAW....no idea what's causing the crashing and rebooting.
0 Kudos
akd835 New Member

I was finally able to get a "SPAR" and the accounting screens and network controller issues have been working without error for a couple hours now.
0 Kudos