cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunomarzullo New Member

8560 and 8860 same problems

Hello i need help, i have 2 8860 and 1 8560 with the. Same problems, my printers starts to warming up and they enter on cleanning mode and starts to waste the all wax i lost very wax in these machines it stays on cleanning mode, after give me a this messages ink sticks jammed, i open de top cover and close again, this momment it. Back to warmup and after goes again to cleanning mode and do this eternally and my sticks goes to the garbage! I have tried to clean the prithead and clean the printer parts, but when a turn it on it does the same thing i have 3 printers with the same problems! And not have any error or code MessagePad, it just warm up all my sticks on cleannig mode! I lost a lot of $$$
please give me a solution forr this! Thanks a lot,
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: 8560 and 8860 same problems

on some machines you can upgrade a firmware or patch that reduces the cleaning mode, not sure for these models though

0 Kudos
brunomarzullo New Member

thanks, how can i upgrade the firmware? i don't know how to do. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

when you download the firmware from the download and support section , there is normally in the zip file you download and instruction pdf with several methods to upgrade the firmware

for example , through usb , ftp  http..

0 Kudos
brunomarzullo New Member

I think you do not understand the exact problem of the printer, it never leave warm up and when leave warm up at 80% goes to cleaning and then never leave cleaning mode and my sticks goes to waste, after the waste is full and my sticks end i receive this message ink sticks jammed when i open e close the top cover it back to warm up and back to cleaning mode and never leave this process, the printers do not enter and dont go to ready to print, the firmware could not resolve this, anybody help me! Gois night
0 Kudos
Xerox Employee TrishW-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Have you tried searching the product knowledge bases for that message "ink stick jammed"? I did a quick search and it could be that the ink sticks are not loaded properly. Click on the link to take you to the 8860 knowledge base and search on your message.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-8860mfp/support/enus.html

Let us know if that helps.      

TrishW-Xerox

Forums Moderator

trish.wright@xerox.com

0 Kudos
Oxberry New Member

8860mfp Paper Jams M4C2

HI All

I have an 8860MFP that is three weeks old. It has a count of 900 and a Jam count of 26. Every day jams behind the front door. Service usage profile shows Jam Location Ewith Error Log M4C2 or M4C3.

Any ideas on what it might be as Xerox dont have stock to replce the machine as a faulty on install, service dont have parts. HELP PLEASE.

Location UK

0 Kudos