8560 phantom errors

Jump to solution

I have 2 8560 MFPs that are doing the exact same thing 
every morning.   The printer has a 
false jam registering.  I open the front door to 
clear it and then can print fine the rest of the 
day.  Jam history says M4C2 Paper Path Motor, Motor 
Stall, Mechanical Recovery, Tray 2.  This happens on a 
daily basis at the exact same time in the log.

The second printer does the same thing (phantom jam)but 
then goes into a system error - 08,007.41 or one of the 
other wiper related errors.  I have tried the wiper 
alignment procedure but it won't correct it.  This can 
only be corrected when the printer does a cleaning 
cycle.  Then the printer prints fine for the rest of 
the day.

These printers are only about a month old.  

Thanks in advance.

RD

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: 8560 phantom errors

Jump to solution

Hello rdf123,

Have you checked the firmware version for both of your machines?  The latest available on Xerox.com is PS 4.9.4 / OS 8.54.  If your machines do not have this version you should download the firmware and then read the release notes prior to installing it in your machines as there is information in there that you may not be familiar with.  Post back to let us know if this helped or not.

Click here for the Firmware.  Go to the bottom of the page to download PS 4.9.4.

John

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

Hello again rdf123,

I spoke to the engineers about this issue and both faults are related to the Media Path Motor assembly which would require service.  The jam code, M4C2, that you are experiencing could be related to the power to the machine.  So check to see if the machine is plugged into a UPS or a power strip.  If the machine is plugged into a dedicated outlet then it is the Media Path Motor.  Either way, it sounds as if you're going to need to have a Xerox Technician take a look.

John

0 Kudos
rdf123 New Member

Jump to solution

I have since had the media drive replaced on both and the firmware updated.  I think it was the firmware because the problem was still there on Friday morning after they replaced the media drive Thursday.  Since the firmware update, not a problem.

Thanks for all the answers

Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

You're welcome, glad to hear that you are up and running again with both machines.  If you can, could you please click on the link in the lower right corner of the post that says Accept as Solution so that if there are other community members with the same problems they know what to try.

0 Kudos