cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

8570 error 93, 984.00:5206

Every time I try to print to the printer it stalls and shows this error message:

93, 984.00:5206

It will remain like that until a power cycle and then it will go thru the normal routine and seem fine until attempting to print something.

Any idea what the code means?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: 8570 error 93, 984.00:5206

Error code 93,984.00

Cyan ink Obstruction fault, which can cause cyan ink to overflow

Dont turn the printer off with this Fault code (could lead to an ink overflow)

It could end up with a printhead replacement...

with only 5206 prints made, there is a possibility that the Cyan ink used has clogged up the printhead (a Xerox engineer could/should check if this is the case)

If you still have the packaging of the cyan ink then I would suggest you contact your local Xerox support desk to check the batch numbers of the cyan ink (and unfortunately setup an engineer appointment to have the printer fixed)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your response. I do not have the packaging from the ink, it was put in a while ago and the packing long disposed of.

Does not sound good at all...very dissapointing. This is a personal home use printer, not a business so I have no service plan.

How does one find out the local xerox support desk?

Glenn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

best thing to do is to contact your local xerox support desk by phone.

The engineer should be able to check if the ink is the reason for the problem, and fix it in any case.

I personally wouldn't have a solid ink printer without some kind of warranty (and if one doesn't ' print +500 pages a week then this printer is not suitable
0 Kudos