Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glassfull New Member

A3 documents coming out on A4 paper and general settings issues

Hi 

Scenarios:

1) 

I've got a A4 document as a PDF. I want to print it on A3. 

From the Adobe Acrobat, I choose the printer, click Properties. the xerox properties dialog appears. I click on drop down for Paper. I choose New document size A3. I click OK then print.

It works fine upscaling as expected. 

2) I create a word document in A4. prints fine as A4.  I click file, print, select the printer, change page size to A3. then print. (i don't go into printer preferences and don't go into xerox properties).  It doesn't scale. it prints as A4. WHy is word's settings being ignored? (If I go into print preferences after selecting printer it doesn't scale.

3) I try the word document A4 again. file->print->select printer, click printer preferences. in the xerox properties in the paper section, choose Fit to new size -> A3. click OK. 

now word shows A4. print. comes out as A4. 

4) in same document I choose A3 via word itself (not by going into xerox properties). Comes out as A4.

This makes no sense.

Does anyone have any clues? I really just want to take a A4 document in an application and print it to A3 automatically fitting as required.

This really is not a complicated task. Workaround of printing to a PDF then using Acrobat is unacceptable. 

The printer has both A3 and A4 paper.

printer

ApeosPort-V C2275

driver

Xerox Global Print Driver PCL6

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: A3 documents coming out on A4 paper and general settings issues

Hi you!

You have to change the size in the page layout for that particular document, thats how Word works.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
glassfull New Member

Sorry, thats not correct.

Word can have a document formatted as A4. You can then have the document scaled to A3 via Printer Properties from within Word to A3. (141%). This is equivalent to printing it out then using the copy function to scale from A4 to A3.

I can do this on other printers and the xerox has this ability as well. It just doesn't work for this driver.

0 Kudos
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

Yes, it should be working though sometimes it does not (with some documents etc), I have experienced changing the settings in page layout to be a decent work around, as reinstalling the driver will not help.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos